The Indiana University Boards Association will host a sequence of college board candidate forums starting up July 11 for prospective candidates imagining about functioning for their regional school board.
6 message boards will be held in-particular person at areas all around the condition, and just one will be supplied on-line. All 7 periods are scheduled to get started at 7 p.m. and conclusion at 8:45 p.m. (local time).
The prospect forums are developed to support opportunity school board candidates far better fully grasp the part, obligations and authorized parameters of school board services. Participants will go away outfitted with primary awareness of what to expect if elected. On top of that, contributors have the possibility to inquire inquiries.
These forums will be performed by Steve Horton, director of board services, and Lisa Tanselle, basic counsel, or Julie Slavens, senior counsel/director of policy services.
To register, pay a visit to www.isba-ind.org/calendar-at-a-look.html and pick out which discussion board you would like to go to. Every single registration is $35.
The dates and areas are:
• July 11 – West Lafayette Jr./Sr. High College Lib rary (Doorway 1), 1105 N Grant St., West Lafayette.
• July 14 – Merrillville High School Freshman Middle Lecture Hall (Entrance J), 276 E. 68th Pl., Merrillville.
• July 18 – Northrop Large School Bruin Area (Doorway 3), 7001 Coldwater Rd., Fort Wayne.
• July 19 – digital.
• July 21 – Jasper Higher School LGI Place (Door 1), 1600 St. Charles St., Jasper.
• July 25 – Scottsburg Higher University Commons (Doorway 2), 500 S. Gardner St., Scottsburg.
• Aug. 9 – MSD of Pike Township’s Central Elementary College (Main Entrance), 7001 Zionsville Rd., Indianapolis.
For inquiries, you should call Haley Crnarich, ISBA activities & promotions expert, at [email protected] or 317-639-3590.