Are you interested in taking a distance lifeguard course? At The American Lifeguard Association we have an extensive catalogue of lifeguard training near me programs. If you want to be a lifeguard in lakes and reservoirs, at The American Lifeguard Association we have the perfect training for you.
Lifeguarding is a professional field that occurs in the aquatic environment, in which the lifeguard is in charge of monitoring safety. A lifeguard professional must have training in rescue techniques and first aid for users of lakes and reservoirs.
To dedicate yourself to lifeguarding you should know that it is essential to have training in lifeguarding on a mandatory basis.
Responsibilities of a Lifeguard in the natural environment?
The professional figure of the lifeguard corresponds to the person in charge of ensuring the safety of users of swimming pools, aquatic facilities and beaches.
The lifeguard is responsible for monitoring what is happening in the lakes and reservoirs at all times. It is very important to point out throughout the rescue and lifeguard courses that nothing should divert the attention of the professional from this function.
A lifeguard needs physical preparation as well as technical preparation. It is essential that they have the necessary training to be able to develop the necessary skills, as well as acquire the different abilities and skills. A lifeguard is in charge of providing aid both in lakes and reservoirs. If you want to be a lifeguard in lakes and reservoirs, keep reading!The lifeguard in lakes and reservoirs is in charge of preventing accidents that arise in the natural environment.
Also Check: ALA lifeguard training in New York
What activities can be carried out in lakes and reservoirs?
The activities that can be carried out in lakes and reservoirs are the following:
- Pedal boat
- Rowing navigation. Rowing is a nautical sport where the athlete is located in a boat. It consists of pushing the boat by force.
- Sailing. Sailing is a nautical sport where the athlete is located in a boat. The boat by a sail.
- Motor navigation. Motor sailing is a nautical sport where the athlete is located in a boat. The boat Using a motor.
- Paddle surfing. Paddle surfing is a water sport that is practised in calm water, such as lakes and reservoirs. Athletes stand on a board that floats in the water and use a paddle to propel themselves.
- Windsurfing. Windsurfing is a water sport that is practised in calm water, such as lakes and reservoirs. The athletes stand on a board propelled by sail.
- Kite surfing. Kite surfing is a water sport that is practised in calm water, such as lakes and reservoirs. Athletes stand on a board propelled by a kite.
What are the requirements to work as a Lifeguard?
An approved entity, such as The American Lifeguard Association, can offer accreditation certificates to practice this profession. There is no official title to being a lifeguard.
The requirements to be a lifeguard are as follows:
- Have reached the age of 16 and have intermediate or advanced swimming knowledge.
- Have a first aid course to be able to complement it, later, with the lifeguard course.
- Accredit the training available, to work in swimming pools, water parks or natural pools.
- In the case of those people who wish to work as a lifeguard in open water, it is necessary to have specific training to carry out this work on beaches and lakes.
At The American Lifeguard Association you have lifeguard training courses with online methodology, with which you can train, both in the theoretical and practical part. In the event that once you finish the training you agree to establish an internship agreement with our centre, contact a company where you can develop them.
This online teaching allows you to achieve better learning results due to the flexibility of schedules since you can dedicate the time you need, totally at your own pace, and carry out the training from wherever you want.
The American Lifeguard Association has its trainng centers in all major cities all over the country that makes it easier for you to find a lifeguard training near you.